Upcoming Teaching Seminars
We are happy to announce we have one seminar coming up in the month of May - in Tauranga.
For more information on the speakers, registrations and the format of the courses, please read below. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Cranial Osteopathic approach refresh and introduction
SCHEDULE - SATURDAY May 8th 2021
9 AM - 10.30 AM
- Current theory of cranial/IVM.
- THM wave.
- The expression of IVM motion Flexion/external rotation, extension/internal rotation.
- Frequency/amplitude and motility/mobility.
- The traditional Sutherland 5 phenomena, Current perspectives.
- Tissue layers, Bone, membrane, CSF and CNS the palpation and feel of tissues.
- Understanding strain/dysfunction and detecting the loss of symmetry in IVM expression, its context and Osteopathic relevance in treatment.
11 AM - 12 PM
- Fascia Listening posts (exercise in IVM palpation, (rate, amplitude, asymmetry),ankle, knee Pelvis shoulders listening positions.
1 PM - 2.30 PM
- Cranial hold exercise in IVM palpation, (rate, amplitude, asymmetry), A/P and transverse hold.
- Motion testing for strain Contrast between passive and active testing, motility versus mobility.
- Diagnostic semantics testing indirect focus on contrast in freedom not restriction.
- Parietal expression IVM motion flexion/extension. Strain external rotation, internal rotation, treatment, balanced membranous release and parietal lift.
- Frontal expression IVM motion flexion/extension. Strain external rotation, internal rotation, clockwise, counterclockwise patterns Meitopic compression. Treatment, balanced membranous release, Frontal lift and meitopic release.
- Vault moulding approaches for infant plagiocephaly, frontal and parietal.
3 PM - 4.30 PM
- Temporal expression IVM motion flexion/extension. Strain external rotation, internal rotation, treatment, balanced membranous release. Occipito mastoid release.
SCHEDULE - SUNDAY MAY 9th 2021
9 AM - 10.30 AM
- Cranial base palpation flexion extension.
- Cranial base strains Palpation, diagnosis treatment balanced membranous release.
- physiological strains – torsion, side-bending rotation.
- Unphysiological strains – compression, lateral strain, vertical strain.
1 PM - 3.30 PM
- Sacrum expression IVM motion flexion/extension. Strain patterns torsion, compression. Treatment, balanced membranous release, intraosseous strain and Sacral Float.
Balanced Ligamentous technique
SCHEDULE - SATURDAY July 3rd 2021
9 AM - 4PM
- Introduction to Sutherlands approach to ligamentous articular strain, historical background.
- Principles of technique.
- Current research on BLT.
- Sacro Iliac circumduction supine starting point for palpation.
- Concept of palpatory focus using, crimping thenar and fingers, wrist/elbow flexion/extension and upper extremity compression through forearms to distribute focus of forces in tissues.
- Stages of technique finding the strain, direction of ease, the balance point (fulcrum), point of maximum ease.
- Hip side lying decompression final stages of approach refining and the still point.
- What it feels like when the change occurs, the release.
- Sitting upper extremity: Anterior cervile fascia ,clavicle and shoulder
- Bilateral clavicle Sutherland approach, cervical fascia release adapted sitting, supine Speece BLT.
- Gleno humeral Sutherland traditional approach, adapted sitting simplified.
- Scapulo-thoracic traditional.
- Prone sequence Acromio clavicular ,gleno humeral and Scapulo-thoracic, using articulation and Oscillation .
- Cervical spine
- Occipital atlas Sutherland approach.
- C2-6 specific segmental adapted approach using flexion/extension.
- Supine Occipital Squama, Condylar and C2 sequence adapted, (V Frymann, A Wales).
- ALL/PLL longitudinal stocking release, Schwind.
SCHEDULE - SUNDAY JULY 4th 2021
9 AM - 4PM
- Lower extremity
- Sacral decompression, torsion.
- Sacro iliac bilateral ligamentous basket release, A Wales. V Frymann.
- Unilateral supine Sacro iliac BLT.
- Standing SI BLT traditional Sutherland.
- Sitting lower extremity
- Sitting hip release traditional,
- Revision side-lying Hip J Jealous.
- Sitting Knee BLT, traditional Sutherland.
- Supine 3 knee BLT , Speece.
- Sitting interosseous, traditional Sutherland
- Supine tibia/fibula/interosseous, P Armitage.
- Talus Navicular.
- Cuniform bridge.