Upcoming Teaching Seminars
We are happy to announce we have one seminar coming up in June - in Hamilton
For more information on the speakers, registrations and the format of the courses, please read below. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Paediatrics 101 Introduction
Hamilton - 4th & 5th June 2022
Jamie Taylor Osteopath: Graduate of ESO, England, 1994. Taught for the ESO undergraduate program for 10 years in cranial, BLT, Fascial release, paediatric and child development. Has been teaching in Australia and NZ since 2005. He runs a small group practice in Palmerston North when he isn’t at work he is at home with the family or doing endless DIY.
Saturday June 4th - 9.30am Start
9.30 - 10.30am:
- Birth process – Osteopathic perspectives.
10.45 - 12.00pm:
- FGIDS introduction to functional gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Define 8 categories.
- Description FGIDS 4 – unsettled infant.
- FGIDS, chronic pain, nociception, hyperarousal, emotional regulation.
- Role of Osteopathic manual therapy.
- Osteopathic manual approach. Group strain midline spine Indirect BLT, segmental and group contact.
- BLT/BMT Indirect treatment Occipital squama, Condylar and C2-3 complex.
1.00 - 2.30pm:
- Withdrawal, birth, First breath and transition to Moro.
- Settling advice and management.
- Osteopathic manual approach. Mediastinum, Sternum,
- T4/5 A/P Indirect release.
Sunday 5th June - 9.00am Start
9.00 - 10.30am:
- Plagiocephaly current understanding.
- Parental advice and management. Mirror gazing, window gazing, supine gazing parental activity/Homework
- Osteopathic manual approach. Moulding parietal, Frontal, C spine, direct MFR approach.
10.45 - 12.00pm:
- Head favouring and torticollis.
- Parental advice and management.
- Osteopathic manual approach. Anterior throat C spine, clavicle.
- Latch, feeding and tongue tie, lip tie and Buccal tie. Research, anatomy and management, assessment medical approach, Osteopathic approach, and research.
- Hazlebaker assessment tool, BTAT assessment tool.
- Osteopathic treatment and assessment routine.